Fall classes begin on Tuesday, August 15 at 6:30 p.m. and Thursday, August 17 at 9:30 a.m.
First Baptist Marietta has been providing English-as-a-Second-Language lessons for more than 40 years. This ministry is vital to our community's immigrant population as they learn the language of their new home. In addition to language classes, we also teach citizenship classes to help students make the transition to becoming United States citizens.
Clases de Inglés Gratis
- Martes de 6:30-8:30 de la noche
- Jueves de 9:30-11:30 de la mañana
- Inicia el 16 de Agosto, 2016 (Martes) y el 18 de Agosto, 2016 (Jueves)
- Precio del libro $20.00
- Tenemos cuidado de niños totalmente gratis para los estudiantes.
- Clases para ciudadanía
Tuesday Nights: 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Thursday Mornings: 9:30am - 11:30am (Library open 9:15-10:30 a.m. on 1st and 3rd Thursdays)
You may register any time after those dates.
For Your Information
- Classes are held in the Student Center of the Family Life Center.
- Classes are free to the international community with $20 book fee per year.
- Students may come to class on Tuesday, Thursday, or both days.
- Students may enroll at any time during the school year.
- Free childcare available.
- We meet in the Student Center on the bottom level of the Family Life Center which is across from the playground on Dobbs Street.
- The English School closes for bad weather when the Cobb County Schools close
5 levels of English classes
Classes meet August to May
Citizenship Preparation Class
Transportation and Parking Information
Students may drive to the church for classes and park in the lot which is off Dobbs Street and fronts Church Street or in the Mayes-Ward Dobbins Funeral Home lot on the north side of the church off Lemon Street. (If there is a funeral, students may be asked not to park in this lot. Ask the English School staff about other parking options if the parking lot is closed.)
On Tuesday night, students may park in the church staff parking lot beside the Welcome Center. Please do not park here on Thursday morning.
Free Cobb County bus tickets (CCT) are available for those who need them. Limited Church van transportation is available for those who live within 5 miles of the Church. We regret that the Church bus routes are limited.
How can you help?
- Share information with friends and neighbors
- Encourage those individuals who need help with English to visit a class
- Pray for those who provide the instruction and for those who come to MFBC to learn
- You can volunteer by teaching a class.
- You can also help by assisting with hospitality.
- For more information contact Melba Lehman