What We Believe
First Baptist Church Marietta is a diverse group of followers of Christ. We seek to be the presence of Christ in Cobb County, North Georgia and around the world. We teach and practice what is called the four fragile freedoms.
1. Bible Freedom is the historic Baptist affirmation that the Bible, under the Lordship of Christ, must be central in the life of the individual and church and that Christians, with the best and most scholarly tools of inquiry, are both free and obligated to study and obey the Scripture.
2. Soul Freedom is the historic affirmation of the inalienable right and responsibility of every person to deal with God without the imposition of creed, the interference of clergy, or the intervention of civil government.
3. Church Freedom is the historic Baptists affirmation that local churches are free, under the Lordship of Christ, to determine their membership and leadership, to order their worship and work, to ordain whom they perceive as gifted for ministry, male or female, and to participate in the larger body of Christ, of whom Unity and Mission Baptist are proudly a part.
4. Religious Freedom is the historic Baptist affirmation of freedom OF religion, freedom FOR religion, and freedom FROM religion, insisting that Caesar is not Christ and Christ is not Caesar.
(For more information read The Baptist Identity: Four Fragile Freedoms by Walter B. Shurden)
First Baptist Church
- Practices Baptism by immersion for all new believers.
- Teaches that God is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Believes that Jesus died on the cross, was resurrected from the grave and that we are forgiven and the presence of God is active in the world today.
- Encourages each believer to grow in their spiritual life through a relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
First Baptist Church Marietta seeks to be the presence of Christ in North Georgia and around the World!
We are glad you are interested in becoming a member of First Baptist Church Marietta.
Please contact Bill Ross, (770) 424-8326 ext. 120 or via email to discuss joining our family.